Sunday, October 9, 2011

Vapidity and Nothingness : I am not entirely sure what vapidity means

Ooooh, look, Vapidity means "jejunity: the quality of being vapid and unsophisticated" (source.) and Vapid means "lacking liveliness, dull" (source.) in turn. Yay!

Wait, don't go! Post is not over!

Thanks for sticking around. Anyway that's what my life feels like now; vapid. Oooh, I should use that word more often.

So I thought I was going to do an entire blog post about this thing that happened to me after my jog just now, but decided there probably wasn't enough material for me to write a full, lengthy post like I normally do. The event in question was this: my neighbour was teaching his son to ride a bike.

Dawwwwwwwwwwwwww. How cute, right? WRONG. Dad was all over the little kid. He was all, like, 'Pedal! Pedal! Who asked you to stop pedalling?' and 'Put your foot down first, then you can blah blah blah blah'. I'm not doing it justice, but if you were there you'd get the sense that he was being forced to teach the kid. Or, he was trying to train the kid to grow up to be Lance Armstrong or something. Which is probably what was happening, if you heard his sharp criticisms on 'pedal' or 'put your foot forward'.

Man, I remember when bike riding was supposed to be fun.

Anyway that's all I have on him, so on to updates of other kinds.

Lila's Story is coming along fairly not really I dunno maybe nicely. I've gotten three characters all planned out, and am about to come up with a fourth; of the actual plot, no sign yet. Something about a killing spree across Malaysia. Or Setia Alam. Who knows.

It has just occurred to me that I have no idea what I said I was going to plan out in the last post. My memory has apparently been shot to hell.

Oh yes! I've done a lot of philosophising (and now Google tells me that's not a word; blarg) and will probably maybe I dunno don't ask me update this Friday. I hope you weren't holding your breath while you were waiting because then you'd be dead.

And finally mashups are awesome.

http://mashupfacts.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/mash2mix-california-tik-tok-gurls-2.mp3
http://mashupfacts.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/mash2mix-smells-like-party-rock-spirit.mp3

There's more on http://www.mash2mix.nl if you decide to like mashups too. By the way you should also check out this awesome site http://soundsjustlike.com to listen to songs that totally sound like each other or have similar riffs or whatever. Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not a musician.

I think we now know where my time goes. I...I need time to think. Later.

By Unknown with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment