Sunday, May 17, 2009

Story Cancellation

Blizzard Entertainment is proud to present its first global writing contest.  If you enjoy the Blizzard Entertainment universes and have the drive to pen fantasy fiction in them, here's your chance to shine.

Whether you conjure stories in your free time or write for a living, you're encouraged to participate. This contest is open to entrants from around the world, and will be judged by Blizzard Entertainment's own writers and masters of lore.

To enter, submit a 3,000 to 10,000 word story written in English and set in the Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablo universe by April 12 and earn your chance to visit the Blizzard Entertainment headquarters and meet the writers and staff behind the lore seen in the games and books.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Lesson learned, my friends; never procrastinate. Shame. I thought they'd love my story too. It was supposed to be epic, with…ah, let's just forget about it.

In my life there are many of my shortcomings I am not proud of. The worst one is, however, that I am a quitter. I quit when the going gets tough. I quit when everybody tells me I can't do it. And I quit when I'm too lazy to do it. Now, again, I must say, I have to quit one final thing for a different resaon. I am quitting the Warcraft story in favor of a new one, because I can't finish it right now.

I say 'Quit' and not 'Postpone' because I have nearly 100mb of unfinished stories in my hard disk. I usually keep these, reminders of previous failures, and also notes that yes, I can, if I could just finish the damned things. Well, I am not quitting writing, not yet at any rate, but I am quitting the Warcraft story. Maybe one day I'll find the guts to finish it, and you'll get to see it, but not now. Now, I move on to different things. If you noticed below, somewhere I talked about writing a love story. That is what I will focus on next. Again, don't hold your breath. But rest assured, once it's done, I'll update…and if it gets canceled, I'll let you know too.

That is, whoever reads this anymore.

By Unknown with 4 comments

4 comments:

ou just wasted your time on those literary piece you wrote. I think you're lacking a motivation to do those things dude! You must know the value of every story you wrote and the effort you invest for that. I do some literary piece also like poems, short stories and I taking it seriously because its one of my passion. If writing is really your passion, you must know how to finish everything you've started. Like your World of Warcraft story, what if your piece was great and can be chosen on that competition? It's like a big oportunity that you've lost.

Wake up dude! I know you're great. Believe on your self and to the things that you can do.

love story...awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i think what you need is some IMMEDIATE FICTION. no, i don't mean that literally, but yes i do mean that there is a book out there (by jerry cleaver) that teaches you the essential formula to writing. we sometimes like to think we don't really need a guide, but actually the guide / writing workshops could really help us [probably not in the inspirational part but definitely] in the processing part of writing fiction. i have the book, can lend it to you per your request. =)

@YoursTrulyZ: Hmm, good idea. Maybe that's what I'm lacking. I suppose some direction wouldn't hurt.

@Husna: Isn't it? Awww.

@wowreviews: I suppose you're right. If you really like doing something, there's no end to what you'd do for that passion.

Also: cool, people i don't know are commenting!

Post a Comment